Yerlan Melsuly Suleimen
|E-Mail:|| 'at' nu.edu.kz|
|Phone:||+7 (7172) 70 1 91 10|
Yerlan Melsuly Suleimen, PhD - Director of Applied chemistry institute and Assistant Professor (docent) at the Eurasian National University, Astana.
At Nazarbayev University Yerlan works under the Project “Sustainable Electrocatalysts for Facilitated CO2. Conversion and Reduction in Green Solvents”.
Dr. Suleimen's research interest encompasses additional fields such as:
- The determination of the composition of plants of Kazakstani flora (essential oils, mono- and sesquiterpenoids, flavonoids and coumarins).
- Structure elucidation of isolated natural compounds and its synthesized derivatives.
- Investigation of biological activity of isolated compounds and of obtained synthetic derivatives.
- Synthetic chemistry.
- Chemistry of antibiotics.
- Boron chemistry.
In addition, Dr. Suleimen also received a list of awards:
- Honors Laureate of the “Young scientists championship of Phytochemistry Institute” award, 2002-2003
- Laureate of the State Award “The young talented scientist” of Ministry of Education and Science of the Kazakstan Republic, 2006-2008, 2008-2010 and 2010-2012
- Fellowship of the DAAD Program (Germany), 2008 – Goettingen University.
- Laureate of Matsumae Foundation Award (Japan), 2008 – Kumamoto University
- Fellowship of the Erasmus Mundos Foundation Fellowship (European Union), 2009
- Humboldt University Laureate of USAID fellowship "Community Connections", 2011
- Finalist of the Republican contest "Innovation Furious NIF50 $", 2011
- Fellow of the Presidential Program "Bolashak", Program of scientific training, 2012 – Oxford
- MS “The best teacher of Universities, 2015” Award